Reception of the sacraments is one of the most important missions of our school. Catholic church doctrine reminds us that parents are the primary educators in the ways of our faith. Our job at Nativity is to help your child grow as they continue on their journey of faith. By working together, we as parents and teachers provide a strong foundation for our young people as they prepare to receive the sacraments of Reconciliation, Holy Communion and Confirmation.
We invite all of our parents to be actively involved in the sacramental preparation process by:
• Attending a special meeting with our pastor which begins the preparation process.
• Reviewing the materials that are sent home which support the instruction the students receive in the classroom.
• Talking with your child about the importance of the sacraments.
• Modeling for your child the priority you make of the consistent reception of the sacraments in your daily lives.
• Praying with and for your children as they prepare for the reception of each sacrament.
8th Grade Confirmation
Confirmation Vigil Service Friday, November 4, 2016 at 7:00 PM in the evening in the Upper Church
Confirmation Ceremony Monday, November 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM at the St. Paul Cathedral
2nd Grade Sacrament Dates
Parent Sacramental Meeting: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - Steiner Hall at 7:00 PM
First Reconciliation - in the Upper Church
First Communion* - in the Upper Church
*Reception to follow Steiner Hall